@AuManufacturing can help you access $800m manufacturing grants


The guidelines for the collaboration stream of the federal government’s flagship Modern Manufacturing Initiative have been released, with grants of between $20 million and $200 million for transformative projects to be accepted from next month.

$800 million in grants will be available under the stream which emphasises collaboration between Australian manufacturers and with universities and other public sector researchers in the government’s six priority sectors:

  • Resources technology and critical minerals processing
  • Food and beverage
  • Medical products
  • Recycling and clean energy
  • Defence
  • and space

The federal government will fund up to a third of successful projects, and other government programs can be used for up to 65 per cent – leaving companies to contribute as little as 35 per cent of total investment.

Projects must be large scale – at least $60 million in eligible expenditure – and be completed by March 2024.

Grants will close on September 9, with the assessment and negotiation process expected to take up to 19 weeks.

The Australian Manufacturing Forum’s value-added service partners can help your business navigate these complex programs and secure government assistance.

For more information Contact editor Peter Roberts, [email protected] or 0419 140 679.

See the full range of Australian Manufacturing Forum value-added services here.

Share this Story

Stay Informed

Go to Top