The Tasmanian government has announced successful applicants in round one of the Accelerating Growth Grant Program, with roughly $700,000 awarded to eight of the state’s manufacturers.
The companies would use the funding to help them “invest in new equipment that improves production processes and aids expansion”.
According to a statement from manufacturing minister Jeremy Rockliff, the grants would assist with a total investment of $5.3 million, which would result in 57 new jobs.
The grant recipients announced on Wednesday were:
- Marinova Pty Ltd – $100,000 – to assist with an expansion of the fucoidan extraction facility;
- Island Block and Paving Holdings Pty Ltd – $100,000 – to assist with manufacturing expansion;
- Mitchell Plastic Welding Pty Ltd – $ 82,278 – assistance with equipment supporting a new market expansion opportunity;
- Lightning Protection International Pty Ltd – $100,000 – to assist with the purchase of high productivity equipment;
- Westhaven Dairy Pty Ltd – $85,618 – to assist with equipment to reduce production bottlenecks;
- Lenah Game Meats Pty Ltd – $50,529 –to support production expansion;
- Aerial Inspections Pty Ltd – $92,293 – funding to purchase equipment that will enable new manufacturing opportunities; and
- FH Management Pty Ltd – $96,994 – to assist with the purchase of equipment to enhance automation processes.
Round two of the four-round, $3 million program opens on January 31. More information can be found here.
Picture: Mitchell Plastic Welding/Facebook
Subscribe to our free @AuManufacturing newsletter here.