Warship Asset Management Alliance has released photographs of HMAS Arunta following the warship’s successful upgrade program at Rockingham, south of Perth.
Arunta is the latest Anzac class frigate to undergo a Anzac Mid Life Capability Assurance Program (AMCAP) upgrade which includes new communications systems, air search radar and sewage and ventilation systems.
The photograph shows the first successful firing of HMAS Arunta’s SAM Missiles following its AMCAP completion.
(WAMA) alliance is a strategic partnership between the Commonwealth, BAE Systems, SAAB, and Naval Ship Management (NSM) for the total asset management of the ANZAC Frigates through to the end of their life.
The WAMA Alliance team also delivered to the Royal Australian Navy in 2020:
- The completion of HMAS Anzac’s AMCAP
- Installation of HMAS Warramunga’s new mast
- Introduction of the On Board Training System onto HMAS Ballarat and HMAS Parramatta
- Installation of the new Virtual Combat System Trainer at HMAS Watson
- Sonar processing systems upgrades on HMAS Arunta and HMAS Anzac
- Upgrades to support the MH-60R Helicopter capability on HMAS Parramatta
HMAS Toowoomba has now arrived in Perth for its AMCAP.
Picture: WAMA Alliance
Subscribe to our free @AuManufacturing newsletter here.