Companies have until January 21 to apply for grants under the second round of the federal Manufacturing Modernisation Fund, budgeted at $52.8 million.
Applications close at 5 pm AEDT for the program. Grants are between $100,000 and $1 million and cover up to a quarter of a project’s total value.
It is estimated 150 companies will receive support.
Unlike the first round of the MMF, companies must be in the six manufacturing “priority areas” of resources technology and critical minerals processing, food and beverage, medical products, recycling and clean energy, defence, and space.
Total project costs must be at least $400,000, companies must be SMEs (up to 199 employees) and the project period is a maximum of two years. (Other criteria are here.)
Projects covered are:
- buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing plant and equipment
- integrating production-related software that is directly related to your capital investment
- relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes.
- process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment.
To apply and to see more information, visit this link.
Subscribe to our free @AuManufacturing newsletter here.