Winners of the 59th Australian Export Awards have been named, with Northern Territory-based aquarium products specialist Monsoon Aquatics the overall winner in 2021.
The 13 category winners and overall winner — selected from among the winners in each category — were named on Thursday.
Precision metal engineering company A.W. Bell and luxury motor yacht builder Riviera Australia were named joint winners in the Manufacturing and Advanced Materials category, which also featured Austal, Australian Blue Cypress, Ignite Digi, Lightforce Australia and Turbosmart as finalists. The category sponsor was the Australian Made Campaign.
Gold Coast-based Riviera began in 1980 and exports over half of what it makes. Its Export Awards listing describes their yachts as “internationally acclaimed for their innovative design, superior engineering and performance, and ultra-luxurious interiors.”
A.W. Bell is a casting specialist founded in 1952, and successfully diversified in response to the decline in Australia’s automotive industry.
“In the past 12 months, AW Bell further matured its global aerospace presence, acquiring new projects with existing customers whilst securing an additional key North American aerospace defence contract,” reads its listing on the awards website.
“Export regions currently include North America, Germany, New Zealand and China.”
Sustainably-sourced local coral and marine life supplier Monsoon Aquatics won the Agribusiness, Food and Beverages as well as the overall title. Trade minister Dan Tehan described the firm — established in 2008 and now with facilities in Darwin, Cairns and Bundaberg — as “a fantastic example of the resilience and innovation in our export sector.”
Tehan said that the 89 finalists in this year’s awards together represented over $6.2 billion in export earnings, and the employment of 17,700 workers.
A list of winners is reproduced below.
- Advanced Technologies – DroneShield, NSW
- Agribusiness, Food and Beverages – Monsoon Aquatics, NT
- Creative Industries – WildBear Entertainment, ACT
- E-commerce – Clean and Pure, WA
- Emerging Exporter – Penten, ACT
- International Education and Training – Engineering Institute of Technology, WA
- International Health – Invetech, VIC
- Manufacturing and Advanced Materials – AW Bell, VIC; Riviera Australia, QLD
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services – Consep, NSW
- Professional Services – CMAX Clinical Research, SA
- Regional Exporter – AirPhysio, NSW
- Small Business – iBuild Building Solutions, VIC
- Sustainability – True South Seafood, TAS
Picture: AW Bell/AAMC
Subscribe to our free @AuManufacturing newsletter here.